Saturday, July 10, 2010

Terriyaki Chicken and Brown Rice

IT'S SUMMER!!!! We'll, according to the calendar it is. You won't know it by the weather down here in L.A. "June Gloom" seems to be hanging around for a little longer this year. I'm not complaining (Chris is though.) I have no problem giving up 100+ degree weather for one more summer. The weatherman said it was supposed to heat up this weekend, but when cooking dinner tonight it suddenly smelled like rain. I looked out the window and sure thing it was sprinkling. I'm sure we'll get slammed with heat later in the season, but for now I'm enjoying the fall like weather in the heart of July.

Despite the cool weather our BBQ is getting a lot of use. I especially love it since Chris does the grilling while I prepare everything else. At the end of a long workday I am thankful to have a husband who is more than willing to help prepare dinner (yes, I know, I am a VERY lucky girl!) We are trying to eat healthier and get in shape for our summer vacation this year, so we are pretty much grilling chicken in every way possible. Friday night we made teriyaki chicken with grilled pineapple. YUM! Paired with some brown rice and salad it was a very healthy meal. I wish I could say I made the teriyaki sauce myself, but since I don't have a recipe I had to buy it from the store. I'll research a recipe for next time, but if anyone has one they would like to share I will be more than happy to use it.

No comments: