August (the last time I blogged) Chris and I took a trip to Jamaica. We spent 7 days resting and preparing for the craziness of his senior year ahead. We spent most days just laying on the beach and eating WAY to much. This picture pretty much sums up my trip. We had a great time and look forward to heading back someday.
We started winter off with another tropical escape. This time to Hawaii. We had some good friends from Dental school getting married there, so of course we had to be there for their big day. We stayed with another couple we know from USCSD and they were the best hosts! Every morning they would give us ideas of where to go, what to do and places to eat. We had a great trip and returned just in time to start our annual California road trip for the holidays.

January brought in the new year and many changes with it. Chris took his part 2 national boards (and passed,) left for a month to San Luis Obisbo and we confirmed that Baby Shamlian is set to arrive Fall of 2011. The later news, though expected brought many unexpected surprises with it. 3 months of sickness, extreme exhaustion and lots of time in bed. I still managed to take two trips up to SLO and fly to see my sister and her family in Oregon. I don't actually have a single picture of Chris and me, or even one of my sister and me, but do have one of Sunny and me. Sunny was a student of mine that graduated in 09. Chris worked with her for the month he was on his externship and she had us over for dinner one night
In March we went to the Doctor and got to see Baby Shamlian for the first time.
April was a big month, since it was our last full month in L.A. It was full of packing, school, work and many goodbyes. We tried to cram in as much as we could, but even now we look back and say "we should have" way more than we thought we would.
May was the craziest month of them all. Chris took his Clinical Exam (and passed) my coworkers threw me a baby shower/farewell party, Chris Graduated, we moved to Fresno, I took a trip home for the twins 1st birthday, and Chris flew to NY for his sisters Graduation! Even though typed up it doesn't sound like much, I'm exhausted just thinking back. It was the best month of my life and I have never been prouder of my Husband and all his accomplishments.
Chris only wanted one thing for his graduation. For me to make him a tooth cake. I, with the help of my mother, pulled it off and Chris loved it.
Although the cake was for Chris we had to get a picture of the 3 Dr. Shamlian D.D.S' in the family.
I also made the cupcakes for the twins 1st birthday. I even cut out all the wrappers, since I couldn't find any that I liked. They turned out super cute and the party was a great success.

In March we went to the Doctor and got to see Baby Shamlian for the first time.
April was a big month, since it was our last full month in L.A. It was full of packing, school, work and many goodbyes. We tried to cram in as much as we could, but even now we look back and say "we should have" way more than we thought we would.May was the craziest month of them all. Chris took his Clinical Exam (and passed) my coworkers threw me a baby shower/farewell party, Chris Graduated, we moved to Fresno, I took a trip home for the twins 1st birthday, and Chris flew to NY for his sisters Graduation! Even though typed up it doesn't sound like much, I'm exhausted just thinking back. It was the best month of my life and I have never been prouder of my Husband and all his accomplishments.
Chris only wanted one thing for his graduation. For me to make him a tooth cake. I, with the help of my mother, pulled it off and Chris loved it.
Although the cake was for Chris we had to get a picture of the 3 Dr. Shamlian D.D.S' in the family.I also made the cupcakes for the twins 1st birthday. I even cut out all the wrappers, since I couldn't find any that I liked. They turned out super cute and the party was a great success.

Here's hoping I have more time to blog in the coming year!

5 comments:
So glad to hear you are back. We need to hear about your life in Fresno.
Since you're finally back, I'd like to request you blog about something with coconut in it. :]
Cheryl, I just happend to pop on your page this morning to see if you had updated lately and you DID! I am so glad to hear about the events happening in your life... and CONGRATS on the baby news! I am so thrilled for you :)))
Congrats on Baby Shamblian. We are expecting our daughter in the middle of October. Also give Chris our congradulations for graduating
Cheryl and Chris,
Congradulations on graduating and the little Shamblian. We are having a daughter in the middle of October as well!
I feel exhausted reading about your past year. Wow, super busy. Well life will change with your little tiger in a whole new way!
Post a Comment